Friday, November 4, 2011

Can't sleep? Try counting your blessings...

In honor of Thanksgiving (yes, there really IS a holiday between Haloween and Christmas), i am going to make my best effort to blog every day with one thing i am thankful for. I hope i inspire everyone to count their blessings, and cherish what they have.

THANKSgiving:
Nov 7~ I am thankful for...my job. I know i tend to complain sometimes about job, who doesn't?! But i really am thankful for what i have. My job is meaningful, for the most part it's non-stressful, and it's something i really enjoy doing. I like the people i work with, i like the kids i work with, and i like doing what i do because i feel confident that i can help people when other people would falter and not be able to. Also, my job allows me to be able to be home with my girls all morning, and getting that quality time is a very rare thing for a working parent. And most nights, i'm home at a reasonable time to eat with my family and play with my girls some more before bed time. And, i get summers off...yea buddy!

Nov 6~ I am thankful for...my church. There are so many wonderful people that attend my church, and our priest is very accepting of everyone...including the screaming kids. Some people tend to lose patients with kids, especially during mass, but it really seems that the people at my church enjoy having the kids there, screaming and all (except when they get REALLY out of hand, but that falls back to the parents at that point).

Nov 5~ I am thankful for...my jogger strollers. If it weren't for my single before, and now my double, jogger stroller, i would not be able to stay in shape with my kids in my new house. It's so nice to be able to go outside and run, having both my girls with me. Now, i wouldn't say that if you stopped me during that said run, since pushing BOTH girls AND a stroller is hella heavy!

Nov 4~ I am thankful for...my new house. Well, i guess i can't really call it new anymore, since we've been here since February. The new house has given us more room inside for our growing family, it's given us a huge yard for the girls (and the dogs) to play in without fear of getting hit by a car or stolen by a random stranger, and it's given us a better sense of independence. Someday we'll finish all our projects around the house and we'll finally be able to sit back and do nothing but enjoy our surroundings...HA!

Nov 3~ I am thankful for...my family. Both my flesh and blood family, my through marriage family, and my friends. Everyone is always there for us whenever we need them, and who could ask for more?!

Nov 2~ I am thankful for...my amazing kids. My girls are my world, and i can't imagine my life without them...come to think of it, i can't REMEMBER my life without them! They make me happy, even when it seems nothing is going right. Having them in my life makes me know that my time here was worth something and has made a difference.

Nov 1~ I am thankful for...my wonderful husband Frank. I am not always easy to get along with (hey, who is?!), but he is always there for me when i really need him (and even when i don't). We may fight, but i would definately have to say we are a perfect match for each other.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...