Friday, March 23, 2012

A first for this mommy...

So thursday, i was out grocery shopping with the girls like usual.
We pretty much have the same routine every single thursday.
Good or bad, it is what it is.
We go recycling (usually every other week unless we have a lot one week),
Then we go for lunch (the ladies at Burger King know us by name and they know our order already too...bad i know, but fun as well!)
Then we go to WalMart.
And as you can imagine, we usually have the same check out lady too (there are usually 3 that are always there when we are there, so we think of them as our regulars, lol).
Well, this past thursday, there was only 2 regular lines open, so we had to go to a new lady.
Everything was up on the line and being rung up.
Then the new lady got to our pork roast.
It didn't ring up.
She says to me "I have to punch this in by hand, and the codes are different if you are paying differently...are you paying with cash?"
I say "Nope, i'm using my card"...now to me, that means a credit card.
Then she says to me what i never thought i would hear being said to me.
She says "Your Access card?"
I had to do a double take to belive what she said.
I replied "No, my credit card"
Really?! Do i look that bad today that i look like i use an access card?
When i told Frank about it later that night, he helped me reason through it...after laughing at me.
He told me that since i was grocery shopping at lunch time on a thursday, it does look kinda bad, so it was an honest mistake.
And i guess he's right.
My clothes are dirty dirty like i work in a factory or someplace, and my clothes aren't dressy like i usually wear in the winter, they were just capri sweats and a t-shirt...so looking back now, i guess i see why she asked me that.
Guess i'll have to wear dresses to WalMart shopping now, lol!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...