Friday, January 8, 2010

And now, you may REALLY call me mom...

Yes, that's right, i've officially earned my title of mommy. You would think i earned that title the day i gave birth to her, right?! Nope. That was just the beginning. It wasn't until this evening that i officially earned my mommy stripes. Let me start at the beginning and that will help you understand.
Yesterday, Mady was fine all morning. We played, ran, had fun, etc. I dropped her off at daycare and went to work. Frank went to pick her up and they said she felt warm. Well, they took her temperature and it was 102. Crazy high, i know!! When i got home, she seemed fine. We gave her some tylenol and she was a slightly whinier version of her normal self.
When she woke up this morning, she was warm but not hot. I gave her some tylenol and we laid around all morning in our jammies. When i dropped her off at daycare, she seemed fine. Well, apparently at daycare she started having some diarehha (if you are squeemish, this would be a good place to stop reading...just a warning). When i got home, Frank had warned me that she had a pretty explosive diaper not long ago. I heard him, of course, but didn't really acknowledge. She came running for me and i picked her up, like usual. Frank then got up to go to the bathroom. He wasn't up the stairs 2 minutes when i heard a grumbling coming from Mady's tummy. I of course thought she was going to have another explosive poop diaper right then, so i kinda just stopped and waited. I was still holding her at this point, mind you. Well, then it happened. She looks right at me, heaves a slight bit, and then pukes all over me!!!! O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died right there! And it didn't just happen that one time, but 3 times!! 3!! Those of you that know me know that puke makes me puke, so i really had to brace myself. After the third episode, which was more explosive than the first, i proceeded to scream for Frank to come help me. I put Mady down, and continued waiting for him to get downstairs. Good thing neither of us was dying, or the house was on fire or anything...cuz it took him forever! And, of course, i get greeted with "Whhhhaaaaaaaaaattt!!". Seriously?! Can you look at me in that state and still ask me "what"?!
So needless to say, i had to strip down and strip Mady down and put all our clothes in the washing machine right away...then change us all and rinse Mady's mouth out and re-brush her teeth.
Wow....what a night. You can officially call me mommy now. Thank you. Goodnight.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...