Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's all about proximity...

Yesterday, we were invited to my best friend Sara's house to have dinner and play with her new baby Caleb. Of course, i'll take any chance i can to see that little cutie pie, and they love to have Mady over too, so it works out great!
Mady napped until about 15 minutes before we had to leave, so when she woke up, it was a bit of a rush to get out the door. I had to do her hair, so i thought i would kill 2 birds with 1 stone and give her some blueberries and juice while i did it. Well, she only managed about 6 blueberries and 3-4 sips of juice before i was done, but that was good enough to tide her over until we get there and had dinner. Well, we packed up the car and we were off.
We made it to about 10 minutes from their house, when we heard this noise coming from the backseat. It took us about 3 seconds to realize what it was...puke! Of course, Frank looks at me and says "What is going on", to which i yelled "Pull the car over!!". I must have been talking with my 3rd head, because he was like "Where should i pull over". Duh dear! "Right here!" I screamed. Thank goodness we were right by a smaller, less used road.
I unbuckled and jumped out of the car and opened the back door to see my poor kid strapped into her carseat, practically erupting blueberry puke. It was horrible, for both of us. I quickly unstrapped her and put her on the ground, but of course she was done puking already. I grabbed a plastic bag from the car and a towel, and i started taking her clothes off and cleaning her up. Frank got on the phone and called Sara and Jared and let them know we would be a bit late. We had to take the carseat out of the car and dump it upside down to get all the, ewww, chunks, out of it so we could sit her back in the seat.
I had Frank call his dad, who thank god only lives about 2 minutes from where we were at the time of the incident, and we drove over there. Thank goodness for that. They have a spare carseat that, thankfully, we borrowed, and they were nice enough to wash Mady's clothes and the carseat cover while we were out. We had to stop at KMart and buy Mady a whole new outfit, too!
Thankfully, Mady was fine after that one incident, and, knock on wood, she has been fine since. At least we were close to their house when everything went down, and not in the middle of nowhere. After i realized that Mady was ok, i'll admit it, i was pretty sad that my new car got the puke treatment so soon. I guess it's officially the family car now! Thank god for dark interior.

2 comments:

rengawk said...

Oh my...now what movie was that from with the blueberry pie eating contest that the kid drank raw eggs before so he'd vomit pie everywhere...?

~Kristi

Goodness I hope you know what I a talking about! :)

Anonymous said...

Stand by Me!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...