Monday, September 26, 2011

Could i be crazy...

So i packed up the girls today and we went to the mall.
We made a few stops for things we needed...you know, birthday presents, odds and ends.
We ended up at Target so i could get Mady her birthday present from Frank and I.
Yes, we finally decided to get her the Leap Pad, better known as the IPad for kids.
They had one there to look at, but it was all but bolted down to the shelf, so you could pick it up and hold it or anything.
And it didn't let you test out any of the apps, it just played the same "commercial" that the website plays.
Cheap.
But, i bought it anyway.
It comes with 4 apps, and it has a built in camera and video recorder.
Mady will like the camera part, she is always trying to take peoples pictures.
Now i just have to make sure she isn't taking random people pictures while we're out.
I think she'll be good with the 4 apps it comes with, at least until she gets the hang of it.
We can put a few games on her christmas list.
The good thing is, it's compatable with the Leapster Explorer, which has some really cute games, and they are a bit cheaper.
As i was packing the car up to go home, i thought to myself...
Am i crazy?!
Did i just buy my daughter a video game or a learning tool (hopefully both i guess)?!
Did i just buy her a kiddie IPad, and we still have an old desktop computer?!
Why cant i ever just get her something small and reasonably priced?!
Am i totally out of my mind?!?!

1 comment:

Aunt Marian said...

I always knew that younger people are more tech savy than I am, but if my 3 year old great niece learns to use an "I-pad" before I even get one I'm hanging it up!!!!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...