Wednesday, August 22, 2012

< hangs head in disbelie f>

Yup, you read that right.
I'm just calling this post
Why, you may ask?!
Beacause i just had my first real "Holy Shit, i'm old" moment.
You would think by now i would have had one of these already.
I mean, afterall, i am married with 2 kids.
But i never really felt old before.
There are people that get married anywhere from their teens to their 40s now a days.
And there are women that have babies as young as 15 and as old as, well, in their 50s!
But here i sit, depressed and feeling old.
I'm at the school, giving the ImPact tests to the athletes.
I was fine up until today.
But i'm testing the 7th and 8th grade girls basketball teams today.
And as they are finishing up their tests, they print out a confirmation with their basic info on it for my records.
Well, i got the first one off the printer, i looked down at it and thats when it happened...
These girls were born the same year that i was a senior in high school.
It was like someone punched me in the gut.
I have a friend that i graduated with that has a son that is in 7th grade.
7th grade!
I could be these girls MOM!!!!!
Their MOM!!
Holy shit!

1 comment:

Aunt Marian said...

That is how I felt the first time I read that one of the kids I taught in first grade was married and just had her first baby. That is a lot of firsts...haha.

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...