Friday, October 9, 2009

The final countdown...

I am in the home stretch now, i can see the finish line. That's what i was thinking one year ago today, when i went in to the hospital to be induced. Little did i know what i was in store for.

This morning, i started baking Madylinn's birthday cake. I'm trying to do everything "just right", so i'm making her a princess castle birthday cake. It's a lot harder than i thought, and it's going to take much longer than i thought as well. I'm about half way done now, and i can honestly say that it doesn't really look like the picture. Oh well, at least it will taste yummy, lol.

I also spent last night and this morning working on gift bags for the kids and centerpieces and decorations for the party. Frank told me i was being over-ambitious. I figure, even though she isn't going to remember this party, she WILL be able to look at the pictures one day and see how much work i put in to it. Plus, she's only going to be 1 one time, so i might as well do it right. What if i never have another girl, just all boys? I'll never get the opportunity to plan a princess party and spoil my little girl. So here i am, trying to do it all now. Hahaha, i hope it all turns out ok looking. Guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...