Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My rant for the day...

It's all over the news lately, it's in the newspapers, it's on the internet...you can't seem to avoid it...and everyone has an opinion that they all voice freely. So let me jump on the bandwagon too.

Body scanners at the airports.

What is wrong with you people?! Seriously.
You want to be safe when you travel, right?
You don't want your plane highjacked at gunpoint, right?
You want to arrive at your destination safely, and not crash on the way, right?!
THEN LET THEM SCAN YOU FOR DANGEROUS THINGS!!
They dont see any private parts, they don't see your face, it's just an image of your body to see if you are hiding any weapons in any places that a regular pat down wouldn't catch.
What's the big deal?
If you want to scan my body, go right ahead. I know i sure don't want to be plane-jacked, and i have nothing to hide.
It's not an invasion of privacy by any means.
It's called a safety measure people. And if you don't like it, don't fly!
You let theml scan your luggage, and if they feel it necessary, they will go through it without your permission. I'm sure most people have a lot more personal things in their luggage than they do hidden in the "un-seen" areas.
I really just don't get what the big deal is, unless you have something to hide.
And the only time they go for the actual "pat-down" and groin/butt check is when you say "No" to a body scan. I think that's a little worse, don't you?
These people are just doing their job.
They are just trying to keep YOU safe while you fly.
And it's mostly the people that complain the most about a lack of security measures, a lack of safety, and the people who are running late for their flight.
Look, douche bag, if you don't get a body scan or pat down check like i do, i don't want you on my plane. I don't know what you are hiding. And crashing into the ocean doesn't sound like a good vacation to me.
So do me a favor, and stay the hell home if you don't like it!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...