Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Anyone home?!

I know, it's been a while since i've posted.
To be honest, i pretty much forgot all about posting for a while.
I guess that's a good thing though, it must mean it's been nice enough to be outside playing all day long...so the girls are pretty happy about that.
Since my last post, a few new things have happened.
I cut all my hair off...well, not ALL my hair, but about 14 1/2" of it.
It's kinda weird not having long hair anymore, but i like the change.
It's much cooler, less work, and less hassle.
Frank aunt and uncle from Tennessee came up for a visit.
It was really nice seeing them.
They only get up once a year, and i wish it were more, or for longer.
They are great to be around...and it doesn't hurt that his aunt is an amazing cook.
Did i mention how much i love her southern cooking?!
There isn't a lot going on here at work for me.
We made it a while with no delays or postponements, and now that there is only 2 weeks of the seasons left, we are getting hit left and right with them.
It's been raining like crazy.
I don't know when we'll be able to get all these games in!
We went to our local auction this past weekend and got ourselves some new outdoor furniture.
We got a really nice swing and an even nicer round picinic table.
We wanted to leave with a few other pieces, but they either didn't have what i was looking for or there was someone else there willing to bid a whole lot more than we were to get it.
So needless to say we came home with a few things, but not as many as i wanted.
Oh well, it's something to add to next years list of things to get!
I also spent a great deal of time in the craft building at the auction.
They have some of the nicest stuff in there!
I managed to come home with 6 shelves and an end table for next to Franks chair.
He was making fun of me for buying so many shelves, but how could you go wrong?!
At the craft stores around us, they want anywhere from $29-$49 for 1 shelf, and i was getting them for $13!
It's not like i was just buying them to put in the basement to never look at again, i know where i want all of them to go, and i pretty much know what i want on them.
I went in there with a plan this year, unlike last year when i kinda just winged it and left with 1 shelf and nothing else.
I'm slowly starting to put my house together...it only took over a year, lol!
Next on my list of things to do is painting.
Since we can't seem to agree on colors, i think i'm just going to do what i want to do (since i'm the only one willing to do it) and he'll just have to live with it.
I make pretty good decisions...he always disagrees with me and drags his feet because he just can't see my vision, but when it's all done and wonderful, then he says how much he loves it and he tries to play it off as "our" idea (like the paint job in Mady's room)
Men!!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...