Thursday, April 30, 2009

My first attempt...

So i managed to hunt down and buy the book that i've been looking for for a while now. It's called "Hello, Cupcake". It's a baking book, so no need to worry that the real Stacey has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a book loving pod. I've read reviews about this book, and i just thought it would be the perfect thing to help me on my way to becoming super mom. Yes, that's my ultimate goal, to become the world's most wonderful mom. I want to be that "cool" mom, the one who all her kids friends (and yes, even her OWN kids) wants to be around. The mom who has awesome crafts projects to do, the one who throws the best birthday parties ever, the one who makes the coolest foods and cakes! Well, this book is just one step on the way to all of that. So when i found it at Borders, i had to buy it. Of course, Frank is trying to take credit for the book, and saying that HE bought it for me for my birthday, and i just got it early. Ok, baby, whatever you say :)

So here's my first attempt at making something from that book. As my avid readers all know already, i'm baking cupcakes for the benefit for the little girl that got attacked by the dog. Well, i saw this as my perfect opportunity to test out my skills. At first, i wanted to make the cutest things, so i was going to make doggie cupcakes. Bad idea, especially for the benefit for the GIRL WHO GOT ATTACKED BY THE DOG!! Time to rethink my plan. So i decided to go with sunflowers. Now, they don't look as wonderful as the picture in the book does, buy HEY, it's my first try here people! I'll get better. And they taste good...(yes, i ate one...hehehe)




I give myself a B-...but not bad for a first try.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...