Saturday, August 16, 2008

In the Olympic Zone...

So i've been totally entranced with the Olympics. The greatest athletes in the world, all competing together, it's just amazing. I find myself watching what i can whenever i get a chance. Even if it's something i'm totally not interested in, like equestrian or power lifting, i'm still glued to the tv. My favorite things to watch are the swimming, the gymnastics and the track and field/marathon. I must say though, i was totally blown away last night. Late last night before i went to bed, i watched Michael Phelps get second place...or so i thought. It was more than a photo finish, because even in the slow motion replay it looked like he lost! And all that after being behind the entire race. And then today i watched the men's 100m finals, where the winner wasn't even breathing hard! He looked like he could have ran it five more times! He's pretty much amazing! I wish i was half as good as some of these athletes.

And today we had a football scrimmage at Muncy. I was pleased with how we did. It was definately better than i thought we would look. I know that a scrimmage like today doesn't really tell you much of anything about the year to come, so i guess we'll have to wait and see. But i'm even hopeful i guess. I only have one more week of camp left (thank goodness, i'm soooooo tired), and then it's back to regular life. I feel like my days completely run together...i don't know where one ends and another begins, even WITH sleep since i feel like i'm only asleep for a few minutes and then i have to do it all over again. At least this past week was fairly cool, i'm afraid what next week will be like, since they say it's supposed to be pretty hot out all week. I'm getting some good color in the sun, but i don't want to sweat just sitting there! Heat wasn't made for pregnant people.

Next time i decide to have a baby, remind me not to be huge over the summer!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...