Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shake, rattle and roll...

So yesterday there was an earthquake in Virginia, and the shock waves resonated all the way to New York.
And i totally felt it!
Something i can cross off my bucket list that i never thought i would be able to.
I was sitting in my room at work, getting ready to go outside.
Suddenly, i felt my chair start swaying.
I looked up and the water in my water bottle was shaking.
The blinds on the wall where rocking.
The door was rattling.
It was really weird.
I didn't know what was going on at first.
I thought maybe a really really really big gust of wind blew through,
but that didn't seem quite right.
It wasn't until 30min later when i was down on the football field that i heard an earthquake had gone through the area.
I wasn't the only one here that felt it either.
I can't imagine experiencing a real earthquake, not just an aftershock.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Eek! I live in California and I'm so thankful that I haven't felt a real earthquake yet! How crazy that you're on the east coast and you have! I think I would have peed my pants!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...