Friday, May 2, 2008

Our doggie toy found it's squeak...

It has been a long week for me this week. Not only did i have games every night this week, but then i had the first half of my CPR instructor class on Thursday morning and my Conference today and tomorrow.
On Thursday, my class was in Lewisburg at Evangelical Hospital. One would think that you could go to the hospital, ask at the reception desk which room the class was in and go there. Not this class. This class was held down the road at a building next to the Staples (i had driven past the building, having mistaken it for something else in the plaza). Needless to say, i finally found the place, and was only 5min late.
Today, i had the first day of my conference in Scranton. I dreaded it the whole way there (especially since i had to leave at 615am!!). Surprisingly though, i really enjoyed myself. There were interesting people there and i think i may have learned a few things that i can actually apply to my job everyday. Granted, it was a 9hour class, but we had a mix of lecture and lab, so we weren't just sitting the whole time. Which brings me to my next, and most important, point...
I was lying on the floor doing some exercises during our lab, and as usual i felt like i was lying on one of the dogs toys. Well, i got up and sat on my knees to listen to the explanation and the next exercise, and there it was....i swear i felt the baby kick! At first, i wasn't sure if i was feeling the baby or if it was a muscle twitch, but the happened and then stopped for a few seconds, then it happened again and stopped again for a few seconds. This happened about 5 or 6 times, then it was done. It wasn't the normal twitching muscle feeling, or the normal aching/stretching muscles/ligaments feeling that i normally get...it was more of a "pop rocks" kind of feeling, like if you were to put pop rocks in your mouth, but lean your head to the side and only feel them on your one cheek, that is what it felt like. It was so exciting!! It completely made my day! I don't know how many more times baby pa-que will move around or kick me, but once was enough for me to be very very happy...for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you totally explained it you were definetly kicked...pop rocks, that's it that's the perfect way of describing it...now remember that because now you can describe it to other first time moms who ask you i am so happy you felt it and i am sure it will not be the last time by the end you will wish it would stop because if your little one is anything like mine he/she will get their feet stuck in your ribs and kick and keep you up at night because for some reason our night is their play time lol good for you though

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...