Monday, May 5, 2008

Peppery...

Glass Bell Pepper







This week, baby pa-que is the size of a bell pepper. He/she is about 6-7 inches long and weighs about 8-8.5 ounces. Baby is growing rapidly, and can now hear well enough to distinguish mommy's voice, mommy's heartbeat and the blood flowing in and out of the umbilical cord. Baby can also be startled by loud noises, and if there were any light in there, baby would be able to distinguish the light from the dark.







Here is my 18 week belly shot. I am definately getting bigger!

I decided to add a picture of me lying down to this weeks post, just so you can all get a feel of how big the baby and his immediate surroundings actually are. Baby is definately more on the right side, because when i look down the bump is lop-sidded to the right.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I was doing the vegetable baby size thing for a while too, but it kept pissing me off. I don't know what the size of produce is in that site's bizzaro world, but sometimes the veggie they mention is smaller than the one from the previous week. Annoying.

You look great! I am HUGE. Seriously HUGE. And I live in NYC now. Crazy, huh? I'm having a homebirth. :)

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...