Friday, November 14, 2008

Many checks...

Yesterday, Mady and I got ready early and went out to the high school for the day. I had to be there for the winter physicals, and since everyone else works during the day, i took her with me. She napped only about half the way down, and spent the other half of the trip babbling to herself. Then she was awake most of the time at the school. She, of course, was a huge hit with the people who haven't seen her yet. That's my girl, the star of the show! We spent about 4 hours at the school, and then we came home. She, again, slept only about half the way and spent the other half of the trip babbling to herself. She is definately going to be a talker, just like her mommy. While i was at the school, i finally remembered to get my mail out of my mailbox...which means i finally remembered to bring home the papers i needed to fill out to put Mady on my insurance. Which reminds me of the other thing, we finally got her social security number in the mail. Now she is completely official, with a birth certificate and soc!

Being at the school yesterday made me a bit sad though. Don't get me wrong, i'm totally excited to go back to work because i miss the coaches and the kids and they all miss me and can't wait till i get back...but i hate the thought of leaving Mady. I know, she's at a professional daycare, and it's only for 3 hours a day (which will be good for her, learning to be around other people and babies and kids, etc), and i know they know what they are doing there and she will be totally safe and all, but it still kills me. It kinda makes me wish for a bad winter, so i have lots of snow days to spend at home with her. I know we'll have to make those days up, but if it's bad enough they won't have to make them up until spring, and my days are short in the spring so i won't mind. I wish i lived in Canada, they get 1 year paid maternity leave. That's gotta be the best ever, count me in!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...