Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday, what a day...

Yesterday was Mady's day all the way. She woke up at about 830am, and that was pretty much it for most of the day. She was wide awake. She took about a 10min nap around 11:00am, and then she took about a 45min-1hour nap when we went for a walk, and that was it until 7pm when it was Daddy's nap time, then they took naps together in the chair. I don't know if you know it or not, but it's really hard to get things done with a baby in your arms. That's pretty much why i just sit and stare at her most of the day. Then, when i wake her up at 815pm so she will sleep at night, and she cries, Frank tells me i'm not really a good parent because i have her spoiled to where she HAS to be held. I don't think she HAS to be held, i just like to hold her while i can, because one day she won't want anything to do with us and we will miss these days. He doesn't quite understand that just yet, but one day he will. I think he just gets cranky that he can't lay in the chair and sleep until bed time like he used to. Oh well, i guess he'll have to get over that pretty quick.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm telling you, get a sling! I carry my kids on me (either in a backpack carrier or a sling or a wrap) for the first six months, pretty much 24/7, and I promise none have been "spoiled" or damaged-- just the opposite, they're very well adjusted! Have you ever read Dr. Sears' "The Baby Book" and "The Discipline Book"? They're REALLY good books that you can find at the library (or book store) and talk a great deal about the BIG health and developmental benefits of holding your baby constantly. But if you do it with a sling or ergobaby or wrap, you can actually do housework and stuff at the same time. :) And...bonus...I swear to you, she'll sleep better!

The baptism photos are BEAUTIFUL-- you look fantastic! I'm feeling a little regretful that I was so lazy during pregnancy-- now you have your reward for staying active, with a hot bod at three weeks postpartum!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...