Friday, December 11, 2009

Thursday 13...

This past wednesday was my mom's birthday. So, in honor of her birthday, my Thursday 13 iiiissss.....13 reasons why i love my mom!
Here they are, in no particular order...

1. I love my mom because...she can fix ANYTHING! She is so much smarter than i am. I always say, i'm gonna have to have her teach me that one day.

2. I love my mom because...she is technologically challenged. It's takes her forever to change with the times, and to pick it up. It's kinda funny actually.

3. I love my mom because...she is always there for me, whether it be 1am or 1pm, if i need something, she is there to help or to give it to me. I hope i can be there for my daughter that way.

4. I love my mom because...she is an awesome cook. I love food, and i'm sure it never hurt that my mom's home cooking was the best ever. I've tried to learn her recipies so i can make them, but they just never taste as good as when she makes them for me.

5. I love my mom because...she would throw me the best birthday parties EVER when i was a kid. All the other kids would be totally jealous. And she would (i can't believe i'm going to admit this somewhere where people can actually read it and look at it and use it against me) make my cabbage patch kid an outfit that matched the one i was going to wear. All the kids were jealous, and i loved it...at the time. Now i look back, slightly embarrased, but still laughing.

6. I love my mom because...she would never play real board games with me, she only wanted to play Trivial Pursuit all the time. At the time, i just wanted to play a game so i didn't care. For a while, i was mad because, Trivial Pursuit was NOT a fun game for a kid who wasn't born when over half of the answer happened. But now, i guess it wasn't that that bad. I am kinda smart, after all.

7. I love my mom because...every year for Christmas, she makes me pecan teabiscuits, my absolute favorite cookie that only she knows how to make. It doesn't matter if she's busy, or if money is tight, she always makes me my cookies. I gotta learn that recipie one day.

8. I love my mom because...she always went overboard for Christmas. I know what you're thinking, this sounds a bit selfish. I don't mean it that way. I mean, she always made sure i got what i wanted, even if it meant spending more than she should have. We always had a huge tree and lots of presents. But secretly, if i didn't get as many presents each year, i would have been ok, mostly because she puts so much time and effort into buying my stuff and making it extra special.

9. I love my mom because...she has read every book in the public library. Ok, maybe not every book, but i would definately say 80% of them (there is a children's section, lol). I'm not a book person, but i know that if i ever really wanted to start, i could ask her the best ones in a category and she would tell me. It's a kinda nerdy quality, "Hey, my mom's read every book EVER!", but it makes her her! So it's ok. I still like to tease her about it though.

10. I love my mom because...every Halloween, she would humor me and my crazy ideas for costumes. She would either help me find it, or make it for me if we couldn't find it. She never laughed at me, or told me i had a stupid idea, she just went along with it. And every year, i looked so awesome!

11. I love my mom because...she can't hold her liquor. Well, she can hold it, just not much of it. She is a lightweight, a cheap date. It's funny. And the drinks have to be "fruity" and "taste good". That's how you know she's a lightweight. After enough drinks, everything starts to taste the same, that's why it's so easy to keep drinking!

12. I love my mom because...she was a picture-a-holic. Maybe that's where i get it from. I think there are well over 5000 pictures of me from when i was little. Every special event, every holiday, every present for that matter. I will never be able to say "I can't remember (insert event here)", because there are undoubtedly 50 pictures from that very day!

13. I love my mom because...she is my mom, what other reason really matters?! I love you mom! Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Aunt Marian said...

This is one of the nicest things you have ever done for your Mom. What a wonderful gift you have given to her. I love you even more for having done this. She absolutely deserves it and I love her, too!!!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...