Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday thirteen...

In honor of Christmas, this weeks Thursday 13 is (in no particular order):

13 reasons i'm blessed this Christmas:

1. My daughter Madylinn. She is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. She has made being a first time mom the easiest job it can possibly be. To me, she is perfect, and i couldn't ask for better. She is, and always will be, number 1 on my list.

2. My family. They are always there for me, to support me, to help me, to keep me grounded. I am lucky to have each and every one of you. Thank you.

3. My marriage family. They are part of my regular family now, but i felt they needed their own post as well. They have all accepted me as a part of the family, and they always make me feel welcome. I couldn't ask for a better "extended" family, and i love you all.

4. My job. Especially this time of year, when so many people have no jobs and no income. I am truly blessed to have a job, and especially a job that i love so much. I may complain sometimes, about going to work, or working late, but it really isn't all that bad in the end. And my job gives me so much more time with my daughter than any other job would.

5. My house. I may complain about where i live, but at least i have a house. There have been so many fires lately, and people who's houses have been re-possessed, i am lucky to have a warm place to spend the cold nights.

6. My town/area. I know not many people love this area, but i feel lucky to have grown up here and to live here now. This is a low-crime area. There are great traditions. There are nice people. I never had to be afraid to walk home to/from school, or to play outside with my friends. I grew up with good morals and good values. I got a good education. I was part of some thrilling sporting events. I have wonderful memories. And i hope wherever we end up, my kids can have the same.

7. My friends. I have some of the best friends you could ask for. They are always there to support me, to be a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen.

8. My faith. It really gives me meaning for the season, as opposed to having nothing. My faith has grown so much in the last few years, and i'm lucky to have a wonderful church and such a caring and giving priest to celebrate with every week.

9. My dogs. I may complain about them, sometimes more than others...but they are always happy to see me, they always love me, and all they want is to be where we are, spending time with us.

10. My dad. I know, it doesn't seem fair to give him his own number and not everyone else. But it's different. After coming so close to losing him this past year, it makes me even more greatful that he is here. And in a way, this post isn't just for him, but for everyone. It makes me appreciate every day i wake up, just a little bit more.

11. For the people who aren't here this holiday season. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we are blessed to NOT have them, but more like we are blessed to have known them and had them in our lives. We wouldn't be who we are without them, and it's nice to be able to sit back and reflect on the memories we have with them and smile.

12. Our things. Not in the selfish way, but in the "we don't NEED anything" way. We have food and clothes, our daughter has toys and clothes and diapers. There are so many people who don't have basic things, i am just truly blessed to have what we need everyday.

13. My hubby. We may argue, we may fight, but who doesn't?! At the end of the day, we love each other, and we have each other, no matter what happens. Very few people find their true love, i guess we're just some of the lucky few.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...