Friday, December 18, 2009

Thursday thirteen...

I know, it's friday not thursday...but this has been a very busy week for me! My days are all messed up and running in to each other. But don't they always say, better late than never?! :)

My Thursday thirteen for this week is (in no particular order):
13 things i hate about my commute to work

1. Slow drivers. These people are really slow. They are people who insist on going 20 in a 45! Seriously?! If you want to "sight see", then find another road to snail upon, and stop getting in my way!!

2. Road kill. It's like playing frogger everyday. Weaving here to miss roadkill, bobbing there to miss it. Everyone on that road looks like they just left the bar with a nice buzz tied on!

3. Repeated songs. I don't just mean hearing one song, maybe twice. I mean hearing the same song about 5 times on just about every station! It's so annoying! Radio stations really know how to kill your favorite songs, really quickly.

4. The length. I drive around 40-45 min one way every day. It's enough to drive you insane. At this point, i'd be willing to live in a box to get closer to my job and out of where we are right now.

5. Trucks. Not just regular trucks, but those really extra big ones with the tires that are bigger than my car. They kick up so much dirt, i can't hardly see the road in front of me.

6. Buses. In the Line Mountain School district, everyone is so spread out that the buses have to stop, litterally, every 100 feet to drop off 1 kid! It's honest to God, stop, go, stop, go, stop, go, stop, go. You have to either beat the buses out of the school, or wait about 45min until they are gone so you can have a safe ride.


7. Construction. It never fails, and it's all the time. They have you sitting in line for about 10+min, and then when they finally let you through, they aren't even working! Seriously?! What the heck was i even sitting there for this whole time?!


8. Gas prices. My drive is 30 miles one way. I'm lucky right now that i have a car that's good on gas, but i'm getting ready to trade my car in for something new, and i'm not so sure i'll be this lucky next time. And gas isn't cheap ya know. It adds up quick!


9. Lack of gas stations. I should re-phrase this one. There are 3 gas stations between Trevorton and the school, and they are all "cash only" gas stations. This is not good for me, since i only carry my card with me most of the time.


10. No passing zones. There is seriously 1 passing zone from the manor to Trevorton. If you don't get ahead of the slow drivers there, you are screwed for a long time. It's very frustrating....very!!!


11. Spotty cell phone service. There are 2 or 3 places on my commute where i don't get any service what-so-ever. Most of the time, i get good service, it's just those few areas that scare me.

12. Weather differences. Line Mountain might as well be in another country than where i live! It can be warmish and sunny when i leave my house, and freezing and rainy when i get to work. It's ridiculous

13. Slow people. I know what you're thinking, this was #1. Well, i hate them so much, i have chosen to make them another number as well! They just really kill me!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...