Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Time...

I know it's been a while since i posted last, but nothing really exciting has been going on around here. I know, what with our super fantastic, exciting lives, how could nothing fun be happening...but it's true!
Saturday we went to Knoebels for the opening day. It wasn't nearly as crowded as it's been in years past on opening day, but the handstamp line was beyond ridiculous. It was buy one get one free day, so everyone and their brother was there. Needless to say, Mady will have to wait until another day to ride the rides. We met up with Sara (my very pregnant BFF) and Kevin (our very good friend), and we ate lots of food and talked and hung out for quite a while. After we left there, we made our way to our other friend's house for a cookout and mini party. Mady always has fun there, because there are other kids there, some even her age, and there are lots of new places for her to play/explore/hopefully not destroy.
I've still been doing my Insanity workouts. I'm on week 3 now. I'm definately seeing muscle difference, but i'm not seeing so much pound difference. So i've started trying to eat healthier, and less often. I know, those of you that know me know that this is going to be tough, real tough. I've been doing good so far though, even though i'm only on day 3 of eating better. Why do i have to love things that are bad for me so much?! And why does my husband have to make them for himself and eat them in front of me when he knows i'm trying to NOT eat them?! He really needs to go back to work.
I've also been stopping to see my Gram on the way home from work some nights. She is currently at the Nursing home on Trevorton Road, and they are working on getting her moved to the one in town here. Hopefully a room opens up soon. I always feel so depressed and sad when i go there. There are so many old people there that have pretty much just been dumped there. Their familes don't come visit, they don't send cards or flowers or pictures. It's so sad. They just sit in their beds and stare at the cold, stone walls. Most of them don't even turn on their tv's to see what's new in the world! It's so sad that things have to be like that. You would think someone would care enough to visit, or call, or send at least a card. And i know the nurses try their best to do their jobs right, but it's like they could care less! They don't come when you press the call bell, they treat the patients like children when they do finally come, and then they ignore them like pests when they are gone. I just hate it there, it's so bad. I can't wait until she gets out of there. The less i have to see other people ignoring their family, the better.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...