Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The eventful, and sometimes not...

Yesterday started out as a typical day for us here, except for the fact that Mady thought it "funny" to wake up at 645am with her hands free and scream until i woke up with her and took her downstairs to hold her. Of course, the little bugger fell asleep in my arms not 5 minutes after we got downstairs, leaving me awake by myself, and very tired. Well, i've learned a trick of two in the past few days...we have an over the shoulder carrier that Frank's mom bought us for the shower, and i decided to break it out a few days ago and use it with her. Frank insisted she was still too little, but i did what i wanted anyway (Love you dear!). After she fell asleep, i carefully manuevered her up out of my arms and into the carrier that i had ever so carefully put on while i was holding her sleeping (i am such a great multitasker now, i even scare myself). With Mady secure in the carrier, i went about my morning routine...i had a bowl of cereal, i mixed her bottle, i brushed my teeth, it was nice! Then when she woke up i fed her. After about 2 hours of playing and talking to her, she decided to take a well deserved nap, which i would have loved too by the way. I thought i would use my time wisely, so i put her in her crib and took my shower. Of course, by the time i was done, she was aware that she wasn't in my arms and she was alone in her room and she had started crying. Once i got her and put her on some pillows on my bed where she could watch me the whole time, she was fine. I got dressed and we proceeded on our way to town to run errands. When we got home, again the carrier came in handy. I put Mady in it and proceeded to start dinner and make her bottle. Thank God for that carrier, or i would never get things done i think.

My day got even more eventful when i got to work. It must have been about 615pm when one of the wrestlers had an asthma attack. This was not your ordinary attack mind you, this was the attack from hell...unlike any i've ever seen before. I kid you not, he laid on the floor gasping like a fish out of water for 45min until it started to sound even remotely better. He had taken his inhaler twice, so it wasn't a good idea to take it again. There wasn't really anything for me to do except to try to regulate his breathing with him and "coach" him through it. Apparently, this has happened to him quite a few times at his other school. By the time it was completely over, it was 90min later, and by then his hands and feet were completly locked up and numb from lack of oxygen. After 2 hours, he was ready to go back in the mat room. I've never experienced an asthma attack myself, but that just looked awful. There was a few times i thought i was going to need to call 911 and start CPR because he totally stopped breathing. Thank God we got through it without that happening.

And to top my day off, my throat is a bit scratchy...i have started drinking orange juice and hot tea with honey, and taking medicine now to hopefully thrawt off any impending cold. With me being the only one home with Mady all morning and into the afternoon, getting sick would be very very not good.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...