Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tag, i'm it!

So i was tagged in a blog to do this Christmas survey thing. I have a few minutes now, and i wasn't sure what i was going to say today anyways, so here goes.

1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie?
This is a tough one, as i love many movies around this time of year. There are the recent ones, like Elf and Christmas with the Kranks, and there are the traditional favorites like National Lampoons Christmas, a Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th St...but i'm going to have to say that my favorite movie this time of year is How the Grinch stole Christmas (either version, the cartoon or the Jim Carrey one). I just love how he is so miserable at first, and then how he realizes the true meaning of Christmas.

2. Favorite Christmas Song?
My favorite Christmas song is "All i want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey. I just think it's very appropriate, especially now with my wonderful husband and my perfect daughter :)

3. Favorite Holiday Memory?
I have lots of favorite memories from when i was younger, from decorating the trees with my family to baking cookies and just spending time with them. They were wonderful times that i'll never forget, but i'm sure my favorite memories are yet to come, especially since i have my own little family now.

4. What is your favorite cookie/treat to make?
My favorite cookies to make are traditional chocolate chip ones, they are so yummy! But my favorite cookies to eat are my moms pecan tea biscuits. They are, by far, the best cookies ever. Everyone i've ever given them to agrees with me to!

5. Have you ever made an igloo?
It wasn't an ACTUAL igloo, but it was what i considered one. It was really more like a snow fort in my grandparents backyard (which is now MY backyard), but it was totally made of snow and i could sit in it, so it was my own little igloo.

6. Do you love Starbucks?
No. I'm not a coffee person, so coffee places don't interest me. I do, however, love french vanilla coolata's from Dunkin Donuts.

7. What makes the perfect Snowman? It can't be a powdery snow, it has to be a wet snow that is a little heavy, so that it all sticks together. If it's wet enough, you can make a little snowball, then just roll it on the ground in a line and it gets bigger and bigger. Voila! Perfect snowman. But there has to be enough snow to make a snowman family so they aren't alone.

8. Maids a-milking...funny story...i was at work just the other day and we were talking about this song. We could remember all the things that were in the song, but once we got to number 9, 10, 11 and 12, we couldn't remember what order they went in. We refused to look it up on the computer, so it took us forever to figure it out on our own...but we finally did! That is basically what i do at work, isn't that great?!

9. Best gift you have ever received?
I am truly appreciative of all the presents that i've received over the years, my family has truly spoiled me and i'll be forever greatful for all their generosity..but despite all of that, i have to say that my favorite gift ever was my engagement ring. It's a symbol of the day that my best friend wanted to spend the rest of his life with me (and for those of you who know me, you know that isn't an easy task to take on).

10. What is the snowman's name on Rudolph?
Sam the snowman, who was voiced by Burt Ives!

11.Silver or Gold?
It doesn't much matter to me, sadly enough

12. What is your favorite Christmas decoration?
My favorite thing is the angel that i have for my tree. It was my Grandmothers. It's a bit old, and a bit worn, and maybe a bit out-dated, but i love it none the less. I always remember seeing it on the tree, and now i'm proud to say that it has a home on my treetop every year. Love you Grammy.

13. What's your Christmas decorating style?
I don't know that I have a particular Christmas decorating style. I'm not into that monochromatic Christmas tree look. I hate white lights. I like to colored ones. My husband would be perfectly happy with white lights on the house and on the tree, but not me. I want colors galore, and i want homemade or personal ornaments. I guess that's just who i am.

14. Do you hang stockings?
We do, but we don't have a fireplace to hang them on...yet. We hang them on the banister going up the steps. We still need to get Mady one though.

15. How many days do you celebrate Christmas?
I hate people who start before Thanksgiving. That's just wrong, knock it off people! Black Friday is early enough for me.

16. What was your favorite ornament on the tree as a child?
I don't think i really had a favorite one in particular. Like i said above, i always loved the angel and the tree toppers that my mom had, but all the ornaments were nice in their own ways.

17. Where will you be spending this Christmas?
For the first time ever, i will be making Christmas dinner at my house. Everyone is invited here, so come one come all!

18. When you do open presents?
Depends on who's family you're talking about. We usually have it all spread out and we open gifts whenever we make it to someones house. But this year it will all be here since they are all coming to us...hooray!

19. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
My favorite tradition is Christmas Eve dinner at my Aunt's house, and then midnight mass. We started this tradition in 1995, which was the last year my Gram was alive. It made her so happy to see us all together and happy, that i think it's just fitting that we always do it no matter what. It's a great way to look back and remember her and think what she has done for this family. And i love midnight mass. The church is lit up so nicely, and everyone there is there because they want to be, not because they feel they have to be in order to get into heaven. We sing wonderful carols and it's just such a great experience.

20.What do you have for Christmas dinner?
My side of the family always has turkey and all the trimmings, while Franks side of the family has ham and mashed potatoes and filling and corn...It's neat to see how people do things differently.

21. My question: Do you go Black Friday shopping?


Now, when i tag you, you are supposed to add this to your blog and answer all the questions honestly. Then, at the end, you should add your own question and tag other people to do this as well. I am going to tag Colleen (because like me, i know you have ALL this time to do this survery...plus i love your answers). Have fun :)

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...