Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas, the recap version...

So this being Mady's first Christmas, i was very worried how it would go. Would it be memorable, or would it be a nightmare? Only time would tell, and i'm not a big fan of patience. It all started with Christmas Eve. We had our traditional Viglia dinner at my Aunt's house. A wonderful meal with wonderful people, who could ask for more?! I have to say that Mady enjoyed herself, so much in fact that she pooped! That's one of those things that makes her smile, largely. Our next big feet was getting her to sleep and keeping ourselves awake to make it to midnight mass. Our church is the only church in the area that has it's midnight mass ACTUALLY at midnight. Imagine that. As always, mass was beautiful. I love the spirit during midnight mass. The people that are there are there because they WANT to be, not because they feel they have some "obligation" to be there...it's quite refreshing. And the singing isn't just by the choir, but by the whole church of people. It really is a celebration, and not just another mass.

Then came Christmas Day. This was to be my biggest task ever. Dare i say, bigger than giving birth? Possibly. Let's say it's in that same category...the "first time" category. I was making 2 dinners in one day. That's right, i said 2. I was making a full dinner at 12 for my in-laws, and another full dinner at 530 for my family. I know you're wondering, "what's wrong with you?! Why would you want to do that?!" I actually volunteered to do it! I wanted to! And if i have to say so myself, i think i did a wonderful job. I successfully made my first turkey, my first ham that feeds more than just Frank and I, and my first batch of homemade stuffing...and we didn't have to go to McDonalds!! Surprisingly enough, i can't wait to do it again!
My first turkey ever!
Here is all the food...cooked and edible!


As for Mady, she just saw it as another day, which i figured she would. But Frank and I had a great time for her. Everyone was more than generous, and now she has enough clothes to wear a new outfit everyday for a year, lol. Everything was beautiful, and we want to say thank you to everyone for everything you got her, we truly appreciate it. Frank and I also bought her a jumperoo. We tried to put her in it once on Christmas Day, and she was having none of it. But we put her in it the next day and she seemed to like it. She is still a bit small for it, and we have to put pillows (or boxes, or whatever is handy) under her feet so she can reach the ground to push, but it still works. She also got lots of toys that make noises and sounds and such, and lots of books so we can expand her vocabulary and have her talking up a storm by 9 months, lol.

Mady in her jumperoo..she really IS having fun, i swear

Our Christmas was wonderful, and we hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

What a great idea putting boxes or pillows underneath!! Carson has the Rainforest jumperoo and really likes it, but only his toes touch the floor! I never thought of doing this, so I just sit there and bounce it for him LOL. This would be MUCH better!

Anonymous said...

Your baby is too little for a jumperoo!!!!!!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...