Saturday, December 6, 2008

Parenting styles...

There is this one lady at our daycare that is really pushing on my last nerve. Let me refresh everyone's memory. At this daycare, you need to tell them the previous week what your schedule will be for the next week. So the week before i took Mady to daycare for the first time, i went in to give them our schedule. I kindly explained to them that my daughter is a "loving" child, and enjoys being held, and that she is so used to being held most of the time that there is a good chance she will cry if she ISN"T being held. They told me this wasn't a big deal because there was only 1 other infant at the time, and all the rest were either almost a year or over that, and that the ladies LOVED to hold the babies. This made me very happy. Well, i took her that first week, and mind you she is only there about 2 1/2-3 hours max. When Frank picked her up the second day, the one lady proceeded to tell him that we should leave a bottle there with Mady. Well, we feed Mady on a schedule, and she doesn't eat while she is at daycare...i feed and change her litterally immediately before i drop her off. Well, he told the lady that, and she said that they wanted the bottle "just in case Frank was going to be very late and mady would need to eat". Ok, i thought, that might be a good reason, so i packed the bottle. Well, I come to find out that on Wednesday of this week that they fed her the bottle, after i told them not to HOW many times! Well, i was pissed, of course. I didn't pack a bottle for thursday then, so they would not be able to go against my wishes again. When Frank went to get her, the lady practically yelled at him, telling him that she had requested a bottle for Mady before and that we should continue to pack it for her. He then explained to her that we had told them numerous times that she is not to eat while she is there, and that she was fed the other day and we didn't appreciate it. Well, now you have to hear this, you may want to sit down. The lady tells him that she is too fussy sometimes, and that when other parents come to get their kids and Mady is in the swing and is screaming, that the other parents look at her like she is not a good caregiver. WELL DUH LADY!! I told you from the begining that she liked to be held and she would scream until you held her sometimes. And i don't think another parent would mind if you were holding an INFANT while their 2 year old is playing with toys. If i would have been there i think i would have killed that lady right there! I mean, it's bad enough that i work so hard to get and keep my child on a schedule that works for us as well as her, and she is trying to impose HER parenting styles on my child and in turn ruin what i've worked so hard to establish...but now you're going to tell me i have a bad child?!?! And the kicker is, she won't tell me when i drop Mady off, she will only tell my husband when he picks her up. What, does she already KNOW that i will tell her what i think and make her wish she was never born? And does she think Frank is a pushover?! This lady really is pushing on my last nerve. My child is an angel. Yes, she likes to be held a lot, and she does scream sometimes when she is not being held, but she likes to feel secure and loved...and that security is going to help her build trust and self-confidence for the future, so she'll be a better child/adult. Who is that lady to try to undermine that?! I'm going to have to have a talk with this lady.

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

Oh, that is SOOO irritating!! I can not STAND when people question your parenting skills. You do what is best for YOUR child. What a be-otch!

Anonymous said...

If she is taking care of more than 1 child she has to do what is best for ALL the children, not just yours. Be careful what you say to her. You probably NEED her more than she needs you.

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...