Friday, December 12, 2008

It's alive, it's ALIVE!


So i finally found some time to decorate our monster tree. Everything at my school was canceled last night, so i managed to get home around 530-6pm. This left me plenty of time to decorate our tree. Mady finally fell asleep around 6pm (she didn't sleep all day long, so it was overdue time for her nap), so Frank helped me with the lights and the ornaments. It took us quite a while to get the tree done, but i'm very happy with how it turned out. Other than his occasional "There's an empty spot here, i need a ball" or "You can't really see the lights on the outside of the tree over here" or my ever favorite "Are you going to do it that way?"...no, i just thought i would start out like this and wait until you said something so i could rip it all down and start again YOUR way! This is why straight men aren't decorators, they just don't understand how things are done.
I did, however, come to a conclusion. I like my ornaments better than i like the balls. They just have so much more meaning, and they are each so unique and individual. I can't wait until Mady is older and we can make our own ornaments and things to decorate the tree with, it will be so much fun! Every time i put the ornaments on the tree, i get to think back to when i got those ornaments, or a great memory from that specific year. I can't wait to be able to pass these things along to my daughter...the special ornaments, the memories, and decorations of her own that she can treasure. Man, i'm turning sappy now that i have a baby.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...