Saturday, January 3, 2009

That cute little boy has earrings...

So this is my "because i say so" moment of the week. I have them often, i just don't always talk about them, but this one is a bit funny...and a bit sad in a funny way. I bought Mady an outfit for Christmas, no shocker there, i bought her quite a few things. This particular outfit was meant for a little boy. I know, i know, she's a girl! But this outfit was just too cute to pass up, and it practically SCREAMED her name...at least to me it did. It was a grey sweatshirt with a basketball on it and it said Rookie. It came with a blue pair of sweats (everyday attire for babies, apparently...that's a whole other story), and a blue vest with a basketball on the right chest pocket. Well, with the entire ensamble on, she looked similar to a boy, if you didn't know better. So naturally i had to dress her in this outfit to go to the basketball tourney today. You understand why, basketball tourney, basketball outfit! Well, when Frank brought her out in it, i immediately took the vest off of her, it made her look girlier. I was a bit disappointed in how boy she looked. I didn't see THAT freight train coming. Of course, Frank HAD to bring it up practically constantly (or what i felt was constantly, which was in all actuallity about 2 times) that she looked like a little boy with his ears pierced, and that people were probably wondering why we had our little boy's ears pierced. I was very self-concious FOR her at that point. I'm thinking i should have put a pink onesie under the vest...that would have made it better. For once, Frank was right. This PARTICULAR made-for-a-boy outfit really WAS made-for-a-boy. Unless he reads this, however, i will never admit it and i will deny deny deny.

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

Awww, I bet she still looked adorable! Next time, maybe put a pink bow in her hair or a pink headband?

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...