Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update part 1...

We’ve officially moved into the new house. We are still in the process of unpacking, but I’m sure that will take more than just a few days to finish. Trying to weed through the things we want and don’t want, and trying to find homes for everything so our house looks more “grown up” and less like a disaster area. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I’m sure everyone knew that but me, lol.

We had a lot of help moving all our junk, I mean stuff. Thank God we did though, or we would STILL be moving! You’d be surprised at how much stuff you can accumulate in a short period of time. We leaving as much behind as we can though. I wanted to do this so we start out on the right foot, and hopefully we can stay that way. I know how it starts, we’ve been down that road before. You keep something because you think you’ll use it one day, or because you used to use it a lot and now you haven’t touched it in over a year. You say “Oh, I’ll just put it here FOR NOW and I’ll move it later” and then later comes and all you’ve managed to do it pile more junk on top of the original pile, and you end up moving the pile from corner to corner and never getting rid of anything after all. We’re not doing that in this house. Our basement is going to be finished this summer, so we’re making it into a storage room, a play room and a family room. The plan is to only put down there the things that I want to STAY down there when it’s finished, nothing more…NOTHING! This has been a really hard concept for Frank to grasp. He is as much, if not more of a hoarder than I am! He doesn’t want to get rid of anything, even things he hasn’t touched since we’ve been married!! And that’s going to be 5 years soon! Well, he either gets rids of it, or I will get rid of it while he’s at work. Either way, he’s not going to miss what he doesn’t use.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...