Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Forever cast in...cement?

Yesterday morning, i decided to take my dog running with me. I don't take him every single day anymore, mostly because of rain and/or time restraints, but i try to take him a few times a week. Well, we went for our usual 4 mile sprint yesterday morning. We were coming across the bridge back into town, and i noticed the construction workers. Let me catch you up really quick. They are repaving the whole avenue (the street right off of the bridge), and they have the streets and the corners dug up. They are also putting new handicapped corners on every corner. Anyway, back to my disaster. So i had assumed (there's my first problem) that the workers were going from east to west, and hadn't gotten to the last corner yet. Boy, was i wrong. We were sprinting across the bridge like usual, and we were watching the workers on the corner across from us. There were no barrels, no cones, no fences, no nothing in front of us, so we didn't think twice about continuing to run. Well, something in my head told me to look down. I looked just in time to see me AND ecko charging into a corner of wet cement. My shoe and the dogs front legs were covered! And the workers just said "Ooohh, what are you doing?!"...to which i so kindly replied "If you would have put up a fence or a cone or something, this wouldn't have happened! What's wrong with you people?!" Needless to say, when we got home i had to scrub the dogs legs off and leave my shoes outside. I'm waiting for the cement to dry so i can chip it off. I take comfort in knowing that those "lovely" workers will have to re-pave that whole corner now because of me. Maybe they will not be so lazy next time.

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

Oh my! I hope you got the cement off of Ecko before it started to dry!!! No fun!!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...