Friday, May 29, 2009

A new step...

For my birthday last sunday, my darling husband got me a blender. Don't be shocked or concerned, it's what i wanted! Yes, i did say that, i really wanted it. I am going to start making my own baby food for Madylinn. I'm taking mattters into my own hands. I'm starting off small, just making fruits and veggies, and hopefully i'll get good enough at it that i'll be able to make some tasty dinners for her. I figure i can save AT LEAST $10 a week, and it will only increase the more she eats. I have to admit, it's not as easy as i thought it would be, but i'm only learning right now. I found a website with some wonderful step by step directions and some tasty sounding recipies, and i have some friends that make their own baby food, so hopefully i won't screw this up too too much. And worse comes to worse, i can always make fruity frozen drinks :)

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So, we have been married for over 5 years, and I have never owned a blender. How weird is that?!?!

Thanks for entering my giveaway. Good luck!

Colleen said...

I love making my own baby food! Yes, you will save money, but you'll also get Mady used to real tastes instead of gross jarred foods with meat that has a shelf life of two years. LOL

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...