Saturday, May 23, 2009

Splish splash...

Yesterday, i inflated Madylinn's whale pool for her to go swimming, since it was 88 degrees outside. The ultimate outcome was wonderful, because Mady loved swimming...but getting to that outcome was an ordeal and a half.
I started out trying to blow the pool up myself, by mouth. I didn't anticipate how difficult that would be, and i most assuredly underestimated how big this pool really was. After about 10min, and a dizzy spell later, i realized that wasn't the way to go. Using my brain a bit on my day off, i tried my hardest to think what i could use to blow this pool up. We do have an air pump, but it's the smaller kind, and we keep it on the boat to inflate the tubes. So that was a no go, since i wasn't about to pack Mady up and drive all the way out to the boat. So i kept thinking, and thinking, and thinking. Then i had an idea...the bicycle tire pump. I know what you're thinking, but at the time it sounded like it was a great idea and it would really work! Well, we broke that out...and 30min later, we were only half way inflated, and i was just as ready as she was to jump into that pool! I was covered in sweat and really getting nowhere fast. Then, it came to me...take it to the gas station and use the air hose there and fill it up. BINGO! It actually worked. So, an hour after i started, i finally had the pool blown up and filled with water and ready to go. After lunch (so the water could warm up), and a quick nap, we were ready to go for a dip. She had a great time, and was in the pool for about 2 hours before she was tired of the sun and ready for another nap.

Her very first bikini
Eating her toys
Splish splashing away
Swimming
Finished swimming

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...