Monday, May 11, 2009

My weekend in review...

So my weekend started off on Friday with a weird experience. I was out running with my dog, and we were running along our favorite trail. Well, we reached the top of the one hill, and i have to put him back on the leash to go down the hill because we have to go out onto the burm of the road. Anyway. This is a truck/coal road, so there are normally coal trucks and pickup trucks and the like going up and down. Well, i was waiting till Ecko peed and then i was going to put his leash back on him, when this car pulls on to the coal road. It was an old man. At first i thought he was lost and just attmepting to turn around, or that maybe he was trying to turn into the Estates that were at the top of the hill and he just turned too early, but that was not the case. He pulled down farther like he was going to go down the road (mind you, he was in a cadillac, and this is a dirt road). Well, of course, i was just being me...and me, watching too much CSI and other crime shows, immediately thought the worst. "Was he going to dump a body?"..because it's always the old people who act all frail, and then when you turn away they are walking fine and dumping bodies all over the place! Well, i made Ecko stand there with me as i hid behind a boulder and watched the little old man get out of his car, pop his trunk, and remove 2 bags. To my dismay, they weren't body bags, but small garbage bags. This man was dumping his garbage! Don't people his age come from a time where you don't do that?! Last time i checked, the garbage man didn't pick up at random dirt roads where nobody lives. I was angry, disappointed, and a bit shocked. I honestly couldn't believe what i saw. And it's not like i could go yell at him, he might have a heart attack or something! So i just got the dog and left.

--------------------------------------

My very first Mother's Day went fairly well, but was sadly like any other day...except that i got a card and flowers from Frank...i mean Mady. They were nice flowers, don't get me wrong...but where was my breakfast in bed, or just my breakfast in general?! Oh well. I'm just blessed to have the best baby ever. She makes being a first time mom an extremely easy job. I couldn't imagine my life without her. I love her more and more every day, and i love my new life as a mommy. I admit, i was very worried that i wouldn't make a good mommy (since i've never held/fed/changed/pretty much touched a baby EVER), but so far so good i would have to say. I may not do everything right, but i haven't messed up too bad just yet. And she seems to forgive me when i DO mess up. I know, i know...wait till she's a teenager, then i'll never do anything right.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...