Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Irritation, via the elderly...

Don't get me wrong, as the title of this post may lead you astray. I do NOT dislike old people in any way, in fact i think they are very cute in most cases. I do, however, find myself in situations where old people are a tad...just a tad...on the irritating side.

Example #1: I quite frequently take my dog running with me. He loves being outside, he loves running, and he loves me, so it works out nicely. We really only have 2 paths that we take when we go (as he knows these the best and it's better not to deviate from what he knows). Well, on our last few outings, we have come across this semi-elderly man with his dog, in the same place everyday. Now, when you come up on someone else with a dog off of the leash, you call your dog back to you and either put it on the leash until you are away from the other person, or you hold on to your dogs collar while the other person walks away with their dog. These options also apply when you come across someone withOUT a dog, but that's a whole other story. Well, this man does none of the above. He does nothing. He doesn't call his dog back, he doesn't make any attempt to even see where his dog is running off to. He doesn't bother to say "Don't worry, he/she's friendly" or "Sorry" or anything at all. He just keeps doing whatever it is that he's doing, and pays no attention to me at all. I find this horrible rude! I have to completely stop running, put Ecko on the leash and WALK until we are far enough away from this ignorant man and his dog, so as not to lure this dog into chasing us while we run or possibly even growling or biting us. Seriously buddy, what's your problem. I'm really thinking that if he continues his ignorance, i'm going to say something to him. How hard is it to make an effort?!

Example #2: Frank and I were on our way home from my double header baseball game on Saturday evening. We were driving past the WalMart, and it's a 4 lane road with passing on both sides. Well, we were driving at our normal speed, 60ish (which is everyone's normal speed by the way), and there was a little old man in a cady. We had passed him out a few miles back, and didn't think anything of it. He seemed to be in a racing mood...that, or he was angry at the world...because he was swerving at people and speeding to cut them off, and driving like a drunk fool. Well anyway, we were going down the hill passed the WalMart and Frank was in front of me. Out of nowhere, the old man starts speeding like a crazy person, and passes me. Now, when i say passes me, i don't mean doing like 63 compared to my 60 which would just pass me out enough. No. I mean he was doing 85, mashing the gas, and trying to blow me away and drive over Frank and the car that was by him. He is a nut job! Who does 85 to blow by someone? The worst part was, not 400meters ahead is the 35 zone, so he had to slam on his brakes as soon as he got in front of me. Talk about a waste of gas. I guess i shouldn't complain though, he has to be better than the oldies that do 20 on Trevorton Road, which is a 45, making me almost late for work quite frequently.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...