Friday, October 24, 2008

Falling off...

So i'm still waiting for her umbilical cord to fall off. I know they say it could take anywhere from 1-4 weeks, but it doesn't even look like it's starting to fall off! At the hospital they told us to use a cotton ball and alcohol and to dab it a few times a day, but our pediatrician told us to NOT use the alcohol and to just keep it dry and it will fall off on it's own. I have read that it doesn't make a difference either way, but i'm wondering if i should start the alcohol, since it hasn't seemed to make any progress just yet.
We gave Mady a bath last night. This is another reason i can't wait for that stump to fall off...i can't wait to put her in the tub! She really doesn't like sponge baths at all. She likes the touch at first, but then the water cools on her skin and she cries, and i can't blame her. I think she will like it when she can sit in the warm water the whole time.
We are still doing really good here at home alone. We are really bonding. I'd like to think that she knows my voice and my touch, but i think she's too young yet...but in my mind she knows me. I can't believe she's 2 weeks old already! I have no idea where this 2 weeks went, it seemed to fly by so fast! She is growing up so quickly, lol.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...