Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We made it...

Yesterday was my first day alone with Madylinn. I'll admit it, i was scared at first. I wasn't sure how the day would go...would she cry, would she sleep, would i get anything done?! Well, she was awake at about 730am, which wasn't that bad, i at least got some sleep. We went through our typical morning routine..eat, change diaper, stare at each other for a while, back to sleep. Well, the only problem with that routine was that she didn't want to nap in her pack-n-play, she wanted to nap on me! Well, like the books say, she's too young to be spoiled right now, she's just looking for comfort and love and security, so i let her nap on me. Everytime i tried to put her down, she would lay there for about 2min and then start to cry until i picked her up. So she slept on my chest until about noon, then i had to eat something. So i put her down and ran, literally, for the kitchen. Frank called to see how everything was going, so i was talking to him and trying to make myself something to eat really quick while i had a few minutes. I decided to make myself a beef hot dog in the microwave..i know, yummy lunch! LOL. Well, Frank's phone was dying, so we only talked for 3min, and as soon as i hung up with him the microwave beeped that my dog was done and Mady started to cry, all at the same time. Well, i quick made my dog, and i learned how to eat with one arm...LOL. After i ate, we sat for a bit and then it was time for Mady to eat again. After she ate, i took her upstairs with me so i could get dressed and then we went for a walk. I had to go to the bank and to the dry cleaners to drop off Frank's suit (so he has it clean for the baptism), then we just went walking around town. We walked about 2miles, then Frank was home. So overall, it was a pretty good day. We're both alive, and we still have all of our body parts, so i'm going to say that yesterday was pretty darn sucessful.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi Stacey!
Have you considered getting a sling and/or a wrap? Newborn babies sleep SO well in slings/wraps, and you can get things done, hands-free! They're much better than a baby bjorn, and once you get the hang of it, they are really THE BEST INVENTION EVER.

I have a regular padded ring sling, and a moby wrap that I use. If you get one, I can come to your house and show you how to use it-- I promise, it's totally worth it, and you get all of that close contact with the baby all day, which helps her grow and develop, but you still get things accomplished!

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...