Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stressful day...

Yesterday was a very stressful day for me. I had to go for a quick walk in the morning. Why, you may ask? Well, we bought a new stove. I know, i know, what does a stove have to do with your walking. Well, we had originally set it up to be delivered on friday, but then when monday came around, and we realized that the baby was not going to cooperate and show up, we had to reschedule the stove delivery because friday was the day i was supposed to be induced. Well, Frank had set it up for an afternoon delivery, which to them was between 12 and 2. Well, they called us on tuesday and had told us it was a morning delivery, which to them was between 10 and 12. Well, i had a doctors appointment at 11, so that wasn't going to work. Needless to say, we couldn't get a hold of anyone in the delivery department, so i had to hope they didn't show up while i was at my appointment. So, i went for my walk early in case they showed up at 10 (yea right). Well, it was 10:45 and i was just going to walk out the door and wouldn't you know it, the delivery people showed up! Thank god it only took them 20min to get the new stove in, the old stove out and get the new one leveled and working. That was my first stress of the day. So then i went to my doctors appointment. This is where the most of my stress comes in. I was expecting to go in there, get checked, have them tell me what they normally tell me, and then schedule me for my induction time on friday. This is what they promised me from the very beginning, no more than 4 days overdue...no more. And they promised it again last week, friday at the latest he says. Well, i get there and they check me and they tell me what i expect to hear, and then he drops the bomb..."I don't think you're ready to go on friday, i think you should wait until next tuesday, and maybe even next friday"...are you freaking kidding me?!?! I thought i was going to die right there, like the wind was knocked out of me totally. I didn't even have the words to argue, because i knew if i tried that i would just start crying, and that wouldn't look real good. So needless to say, i walked out of there with an appointment for tuesday. I texted Frank at work to let him know, and he wasn't happy at all. Thank goodness he feels the same way i do, that once you hit 40 weeks there's no reason to wait to have the baby. So he called and talked to the doctor on his lunch break, and the doctor said he would call us back later that night and see if "I" changed my mind, and that he could "squeeze us in" on friday if we wanted. Well, he never called back, so we're still waiting to get a hold of him now. Frank was telling the guy he works with, and even that guy was like "do it friday, they told you they would, and why not?!". Also, this guy's wife is a labor and delivery nurse at the Pottsville hospital, and he went home and told her and even she said to go for it, there's no need to wait. She also told us that there is another group of doctors that deliver at Pottsville and that my group of doctors often push off their patients inductions to a later date so this other group can get their deliveries in. That really pissed me off. I made it the full 40 weeks with minimal bitching and complaining, i think i deserve to have my baby 4 days after my due date dam it! There is no reason to wait. He said it might be a more difficult delivery because i'm not totally ready, but when i weight the choices and it's either a tougher delivery for, say, 10 hours or waiting 6 more days, i think the tougher delivery wins out for sure, at least in my mind it does, and that's all that matters. So now we're just waiting for the doctor to get out of the delivery room so we can schedule a time. Hopefully by dinner i'll be able to get on here and update everyone as to what time i'm going in. I have every intention of meeting my little princess tomorrow, it's past time.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...