Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's that time of the year again...

That's right folks, it's American Idol time again! I'm a big fan, what can i say. I love to watch when they put the really awful singers on, especially the ones that swear they are good, and their families tell them they are good too. Seriously people, can you hear yourselves?

So this season, they narrowed it down to the top 36. Now, for the next 3 weeks, they are going to be singing for votes to be included in the infamous top 12. They broke them into 3 groups of 12, and each week the top boy and top girl will automatically make it through and then the next highest vote getter will make it through. I'm not totally sure where the last 3 will come from, but i guess we'll see. So, for your viewing pleasure, i'm going to list my top 3 favorites each week (and see if america agrees with me), and then every tuesday i will proceed to mock and humiliate the person i want to go home. Frank LOVES when i do this at home...can you sense the sarcasm?
--------------------------
Ok, here goes...
My first pick is Alexis Grace. She is really soulful. She sings with a passion, like she has really been hurt and she's singing from her heart. I'm also very partial to her pink tinted hair :)

My second pick is Anoop Desai. Not only is he a great singer, but i'm totally in love with his name. He sounds very boy-band-esque, but not in that horrible way you automatically think of when you hear "boy-band". Anoop-dog in the house!

My third pick is Danny Gokey. He reminded me of Chris Daughtrey in a way, with his scratchy voice and souldfullness. Also, he was the twelfth peformer of the night, and twelve happens to be my favorite number. He has a great story, and he's a great singer.

My sleeper pick is Michael Sarver. By sleeper, i mean the 4th person i like, but since i'm not sure where they're gonna get the extra 3 people from at the end, i'm going to label them my sleeper people. He is such a good guy. He is hard working, honest, and one heck of a singer...not to mention that he's cute.

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

ROFL check my post on baby center. The first singer of the night about made me wet myself I was laughing so hard at her outfit!! Oh, and if that annoying chick that cries doesn't get voted off, I may have to be done with Idol.

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...