Friday, February 6, 2009

I've found it...

Yes, that's right, i've officially found my new pet peeve. As most of you know, my first and most hated pet peeve is un-necessarily slow/stupid drivers. I seem to get behind them every single day on my way to and from work. All of these people feel the need to drive 20 in a 45mph zone. Are you serious people?! It's not a sunday!! If you can't at least drive the speed limit, get off the road!!
So this leads me to my second, and newly hated, pet peeve...unsupervised children and their ignorant parents. I work at a high school as an Athletic Trainer. Note, i did not say babysitter. I have a child of my own at home, and i have a husband, both of whom i must babysit, i don't need to do it at work. Do NOT take your children to a sporting event/function/restaurant/anywhere and leave them run wild and not even think twice about it! I honestly hate this! These people feel that they can take their child somewhere and other people will watch them as they run wild and do things that could potentially hurt them, and they never even check on them or wonder where they are until the said event is over. Honestly people, we aren't babysitters, and this is not an opportunity for you to have a free night off from your kid. Don't these people wonder where their kid is at for 2 hours? I know i would. And these kids are screaming, and some of them even run out towards the court (this was at a basketball game) where the coach and the team sit, and just walk around. Seriously, are you not embarrassed?! I am FOR you! If you don't want to watch your child, leave them at home. I really want to say that if these kids get hurt doing something i've told them not to do but they do anyway because their parents aren't there to yell at them or even care, that i'm not going to help them. But i know i will, but i will give those parents a piece of my mind, that's for sure. As God as my witness, i will NEVER let my child be like that, and i will always care.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...