Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Capt.Sicky coughs again...

We are currently experiencing Mady's first cold. This, by far, is the worst thing...not just for her, but for Frank and me as well. My heart is absolutely breaking watching her cough and sneeze. Her little eyes are all red and watery, her little nose is stuffy and running, and her little cough is so sad. It's all quite pathetic. I wish i could take her cold away from her and have it myself, but unfortunately, she'll have to go through this whole first cold thing eventually. We took her to the doctor, hoping to get some sort of prescribtion medicine to help her fight off these nasty germs that are infesting her whole body. After all, if either one of us were sick, we would do the same thing and the doctor would give us medicine. Well, no such luck here. The doctor said that it's not in her chest, it's just in her head, so we'd have to just ride it out. Ride it out!?!? This is my little baby here mister, and she is very sick, i need more than just "ride it out"! He said she would get worse today, tomorrow and friday, and she should start to go down the other side of the cold mountain around the weekend, and we should see her improvement by next friday...that's right people, over a week from now. My poor little girl has to suffer for over a week! I'm hoping that lots of formula and lots of sleep will help her fight this off better. My heart is totally broken watching her smile, even though she feels like crap. I've been giving her the baby tylenol to try to help keep the fever down and away, and to ease any pain she may have. I think it's working, but i can't be totally sure. I just can't wait until we get through this one, me and my heart both.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...