Saturday, March 7, 2009

He finally reigns supreme...

Well, we just got back from a day at the state wrestling championships. My school had 2 boys go down, and after everything was said and done, we came home with an 8th place finisher and a state champion. That's right people, Jon Fausey has finally done it! After 2 disappointing years finishing 2nd and 3rd (yes, that's right, those were DISAPPOINTMENTS to him), he finally captured that long awaited gold medal he so deserves. I know that the other kids in his bracket were very deserving too, don't get me wrong, but i'm with Jon everyday and i personally don't think there is a more deserving kid out there. He is in the top 5 of his class, he is extremely polite, he is multi-talented, and he's just a great person over all. Watching him wrestle, i was nervous, as if he were my own child. I guess that tells you how attached i am to the kids i work with.

-----------------------------

In other news, Mady is finally getting better. This, i'd like to think, is somehow my fault. I had talked to God the other day, and told him that he can give me Mady's cold 3x over if he would take it away from her...it was breaking my heart to hear her cough and sniffle. Well, i got my wish. Mady is well on the road to recovery, and i want to die. I didn't sleep well last night, i've been coughing up a storm, i'm freezing in the wonderful 70 degree weather (that's right people, it finally hit 70 here, but it's going back down to the 40s next week...short lived glory), and i even puked last night, which i haven't done in a very long time. It's ok though, i can take medicine to make me feel better, Mady can't.

Now it's baseball season, which finally means earlier nights and more time with my family. Oh, did i mention that i hate this whole turn the clocks ahead thing?! It's going to screw up Mady for a few days, i'm sure of it. Hopefully we can adjust pretty quickly.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...