Monday, March 16, 2009

Where's my instruction manuel?

After babies are born, they should be followed by an instruction manuel, not a placenta. Especially your first baby. Things can be so complicated!

Like feeding...how in the world are you supposed to know what to feed your baby, let alone how much, and when?! I know i know, every baby is different. I found that out the hard way by talking to my fellow mommies on the babycenter. Each of the babies eats different things, in different amounts, at different times. It gets so confusing! Frank tells me to go with my instincts, and just do what i think is right. Hello!!! This is my first baby, i don't have instincts about any of this stuff yet! I'm pretty much just happy when she eats. And i hate the thought of "winging" it with my child...this is my child people, i'm not just going to wing it. Oy!

And why is it that men are always ready and willing to jump on your back to do things, but they will never ever ever do them themselves?! I mean seriously! It won't kill you to do it yourself, i'm pretty sure you can, you aren't a cripple! Why do women have to do EVERYTHING?! And how many times do us women hear a "thank you" or a "please" or a "that was good" or anything?! Honestly people, is that too much to ask? I think i'm gonna stop doing everything for a while and make HIM do things, then he can see how much i do for him and maybe he'll be greatful for one day in his life...before i kill him!

And baseball season officially started today. I sat outside in the freezing cold and wind and watched a whole game. I thought i was dressed warm enough, but i realized i wasn't when my toes went numb. How quickly i forget the weather when we're out of season.

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

I have no idea what I'm doing either. And Carson is so NOT consistent. One feeding he'll eat 6 oz and another he'll eat 13! As for the solids, just give her what you want. That's what my ped said. There is not a specific order you HAVE to follow.

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...