Sunday, August 16, 2009

And so it begins again...

That's right folks, it's that time of year again. The time when it gets hotter than a tanning bed in hell, the time when football starts, and ultimately, the time when school starts back up again and i have to go back to work. Now, i've been at this point before...but it's never been as hard as it is now. Now i have Mady. I have been totally spoiled all summer long. I got to spend every single day with her, doing whatever i wanted. Now i have to go back to work. And the worst part is, for the first two weeks i have to work 15 hour days! So basically i leave before Mady wakes up, and i will get home in time to spend about 1 hour with her. I guess i have to make the best of that hour, but i'm sure it's going to kill me to not see her all day long. On the bright side, Frank is not working right now, so he can stay home with her all day long instead of me having to ship her off to daycare for the whole day. Not that there is anything wrong with MY daycare, i totally love them. And not that there is anything wrong with people who have to take their kids to daycare for an average 8 hour day, because that is the average work day...but i have been spoiled, or should i say Mady has been. My job starts at 215 and usually ends around 545, depending on the day. And Frank is usually home from work by around 430, so Mady only has to stay at daycare for about 2-3 hours, and she gets maximum parent time.
At least this will give her a chance to bond with Frank. He thinks she doesn't love him. Silly, i know, but that's what he thinks. He doesn't understand that i spend every single day with her, so OF COURSE she is going to cling to me and want me more. I'm sure by the end of these 2 weeks, she is going to "love him" more than she loves me, lol. So be prepared for some possible emotional blogs about how much i miss Mady, and her laugh, and her stinky diapers, and her constant need to play games, and her absolute refusal to nap AT ALL during the day. On the bright side, Frank did promise that he would bring her out to visit me at LEAST once a week, so that will make me feel a bit better...i hope.
Well, i'm off to pack my breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner for tomorrow. I'm also going to lay out Mady's clothes so Frank doesn't dress her like a homeless orphan. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...