Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 5 of work...

Today has been a, surprisingly, fast day so far. Granted, it's only 2:32pm, but i get to leave here at 5pm today! Woo Hoo!! But we are going to meet with the house designer right away, so i don't really get to go home. But whatever time i do finally get home, will undoubtedly be earlier than when i would normally get home.

Today it rained...no, it poured. my morning sports were only outside for about an hour and a half, and then they came in to the dry heat of the gym. Good thing it was just pre-game stuff today.

Have i mentioned yet that i am sick of the rain?! Let's make that water in general, especially today. Not only did it totally downpour on me on my way to work, and then it totally downpoured on me and my morning sports...we also have a pipe burst about 25 feet from my room and start shooting water all over the walls and floor. So then, they had to shut the water off to fix the pipe...but the guy that COULD fix the pipe was off today, and they had to call him to drive here. So that took forever. Having the water turned off is never a good thing for an athletic trainer. I have no water to offer my athletes to drink, and i have no ice (the machines won't fill or stay cold in my oven of a room without water). Then, they turned the hot water on, but not the cold, and all my ice started melting. So i turned off the water to my ice machines all together. Well, that started a leak in my pipe in my room, that would not stop leaking unless the water was turned on at that spout. Well, i thought i could just turn the hose on slowly and put it in the whirlpool and leave it that way until the water was fixed. Nope. The whirlpool is now broken and won't drain, so i almost got flooded out. Needless to say, i had to let the water leak until it was fixed and the cold water came back on. The guy wasn't even going to come fix it today, until i kindly and sweetly (you all know me) talked to the foreman and got him to get that guy in here asap so i would have water and ice for my game tomorrow. Thank goodness. It only took about 2 hours and my water was ok again and i don't have a leak anymore. What a morning. I don't even want to LOOK at water anymore.

On a funny news front...i was reading the paper this morning (before the rain hit), and there was an article in there that blew my mind. A man had died in Philly somewhere, and they had him taken to the funeral home like usual. Well, the family and friends came to the viewing....and it wasn't him! Apparently, they mixed up 2 bodies. Now that isnt' even the bad part. The worst thing is, everyone kept going...praying over the body, kissing his hands, crying, everything. Didn't they notice it wasn't the right person?! What, was it his body double that died too?! And how couldn't the widow have know it was the wrong person?!?! I'd like to think i know what my hubby looks like, even after a long 2 weeks of camp. What the hell people.

Now i'm going to sit in front of this computer and try to get some paperwork done. Why is it that i never seem to get anything done. Could it be that people don't listen and hand things in when i ask, only for me to have to do things over and over and over and over again?!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...