Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 2 of work...

Well, i made it to day 2. I wasn't sure i was going to, there for a minute. The heat yesterday was borderline unbearable, and it takes a lot for me to say that, because i love love love the heat. I think what was the worst was the humidity. Now today, it isn't as bad. Still hot, still humid, but not nearly what it was yesterday. And, knock on wood, no major injuries yet. Quite a few bee stings though. We always get lots of those out here. I'm not sure where they hide, since the school is basically in the middle of a bunch of farmers fields, but they are out there...and they do NOT like my athletes. Thank god there is the EMT home base and a doctors office litterally 100feet away, just in case.

I didn't die from missing Mady either, in case you wanted to know. She is what gets me through the day. Thinking about seeing her smiling face, seeing her walk towards me when i get home, and then watching her fall because she got too excited and have to speed crawl the rest of the way. I know it's only 2 weeks of long days, but i don't know how people can do this everyday! I miss her way too much. At least i can call her from practice (well, i actually call my hubby, but i really want to talk to Mady much more, lol)

Today, in case you were wondering, i am having chinese for lunch instead of my ham and cheese sandwich. The chinese was supposed to be my dinner, but when i went to get the sandwich, i was being call..."oooohhh, stacey-son, eat-a the cheekan and bwacalli now, oooohhh". And who am i to turn down the weird chinese voice in my head, lol. So here i sit, eating chicken and broccoli and an eggroll (my absolute favorite)...staring at my walkie talkie, hoping it doesn't go off

I'm not sure if i mentioned it yesterday or not, but this is not my ACTUAL lunch break...of course not people, it's 230pm!! I should be working right now. There is a practice going on. But shhhhhh, don't tell them where i am! I have been using my ACTUAL lunch break to go for a run. But wait, i know what you're thinking. It's ridiculously hot outside, practically unbearable if i remember quoting myself correctly, and you're outside running?! WHAT A NUT JOB!! But for those of you that know me, you know i can't stop myself sometimes. Plus i'm out here surrounded by athletes all day long, sweating, competing, practicing, having fun...i wanna do it too! And since i can't go back to high school again, this is what i'm reduced to. But don't sweat it(pun intended here people)...i haven't been running as far as usual. Only 2 or 3 miles around the dirt covered oval they call a track. And then, my ultimate prize/punishment...an ice cold shower. I hate cold showers, even on blisteringly hot days. I guess that's one way to get me in and out quickly though.

Oh well, i guess i should go out and watch practice for a few hours. Maybe i'll call home to talk to Frank and Mady, see how they are doing.

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...