Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cocoa and Shea...

So today i went grocery shopping at WalMart by myself. Normally, this is not a bad thing, but being pregnant makes it a whole different story. When i first got there, i proceeded to make my way to the lotion section to buy Cocoa and Shea butter for my soon-to-be stretch marks. I thought i would start the lotion now in anticipation of what's to come...maybe i can stop it before it happens. Well, i never knew that there were like 50 choices of cocoa butter! I opted for one of the bigger bottles that ACTUALLY SAID for stretch marks on it (not all of them did, which threw me off). I then started to make my way to the food section. On my way, i passed some friends of mine who just had a baby. I thought for sure they would notice the lotion, which was blatently marked "for stretch marks on pregnant women", and it would give me away. They may have noticed, but they didn't say anything. After talking to them for a while and aww-ing over their baby, i was on my way...needless to say, i started talking to my own lil peanut then. Well, i always start in the back by the deli and make my way to the frozen foods, so they don't melt by the time i'm done. Well, the baby section just so happens to be next to the milk/eggs/deli, and i happened to walk by (coincidence, i think not). Well, they were having some kind of baby sale, because all the clothes were on seperate racks than usual and labeled "sale". Well, they had the cutest christmas onesies (the long sleeve, footie kind), and i thought to myself: "they are on sale, they are christmas (and our baby will still be a baby at christmas time), i should buy some of them"...but i knew better than to jinx myself by buying them. Let me say that that was a very hard thing for me to do! And to top it all off, when i left WalMart, it was a blizzard outside! I couldn't see the cars from the door. I was covered in snow by the time i reached the car, and then backing out was not fun...i think i was too close to the cart corral, i didn't hit anything, but i had to do a "back, forth, back, forth, back, forth" thing. Then on the drive home, i couldn't see more than 20feet in front of the car. Thank God i made it home in one piece...and wouldn't you know it, not 10min after i got home it stopped. Sometimes i wonder about my luck.
Now tonight, i thought it would be a good idea to make coconut eggs (the chocolate covered kind, like the smidgens, but egg shaped). This was working great, until i got to the chocolate coating part. I forgot how much i HATED that part. I think the secret is that you have to make the egg shapes first, then freeze them, then take them out a few at a time and dip them...needless to say they were falling apart in the hot chocolate, and i made a huge huge mess. At least they will taste good, they just aren't the thing you put out for show. Thank God thats over!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...