Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Remember man, that you are dust, and to dust you shall return

So today was Ash Wednesday. Frank and I went to church this morning and got ashes on our foreheads, and when we got home, my wonderful catholic husband proceeded to rub his ashes off. We usually attend the late night mass, but since i had a basketball game tonight and he had off, we opted for the early one. He is used to coming home and going to bed shortly after, so he just wiped them off. It was so funny!
Frank has yet to officially grasp the concept of Lent. He thinks that he can just give up what i give up and call it a day. I said to him "You need to give up something that will be a struggle for YOU, not for me". I am giving up soda...i am a soda-a-holic, so this is very difficult for me. I know that it's better for the baby and everything this way, but it doesn't make it any easier. Sometimes i feel like i just need that little "boost" of energy that it gives you, and since i don't like coffee, this is what i have.
Also, i was totally exhausted today. All i wanted to do was lay my head down and close my eyes. I don't even think i necessarily would need to fall asleep, just to be able to lay there with my eyes closed would be good for me (though i'm sure i would have fallen asleep). I can feel this topic becoming a redundent trend on my blog for the next few months..lol..Well, bring on the naps baby!

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...