Friday, February 8, 2008

To ease my fears, or not to ease my fears..

So the past few days, i have been totally freaking out about random pregnancy symptoms. I am on a blog board on babycenter, and we are all pretty much in the same boat. But i can't help but read articles on that site about symptoms of pregnancy. Some of the articles, frankly, scare the CRAP out of me...especially the miscarriage ones. I know i'm probably just being paranoid, but i read those articles and i think i have (or don't have) those symptoms. I am deathly afraid of having a miscarriage. Frank and i want this baby sooo sooo sooo bad. I did, though, read an article tonight that eased my fears a bit. It said that some women don't even have mmorning sickness at all! And some women don't get it until the 6th week, too. So hopefully i will get it next week (yes, i really did just wish for morning sickness).
In better news, i went for my run today and i wore two sports bras and my boobs felt tons better. I'm not totally convinced that it was the addition of the second sports bra, or if it was the fact that i was running in the woods today on the soft earth as opposed to the hard concrete highway i ran yesterday. Only time will tell i guess.
I have been getting my paperwork together for our family cruise to the Southern Carribbean. When i first planned it, we were all a little bummed out that we had to schedule it for the beginning of June and not the end like we had all hoped, but now that i found out how far along we are, i'm thrilled because i will still be able to go. It turns out that i will be 5 1/2 weeks when we leave, so i will still be able to fly and cruise...the only thing is, i will need a note from my doctor. I know i know, like Frank said "What are we, kids? You can go without a note!" But i proceeded to tell him that it probably is for the best that we fax it in and all, that way they will know and they can have someone on the ship "just in case" anything happens . I am in charge of all the paperwork and schedules and whatnot, so i at least have that to keep my busy.
On the homefront, Frank is reading...yes, i said reading. Neither of us are big readers. Frank has taken it upon himself to start reading the Harry Potter books from the beginning, watching each movie after he finishes the book. I am very proud of him! We are still reading the pregnancy books together, week by week (we aren't skipping ahead, is that a good idea?)

No comments:

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...