Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I start my post today by saying Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope everyone has a great evening of wine, dine and romance. Frank and i decided that we weren't going to do anything this Valentine's day, just a card and dinner...the basics. Well, we woke up and opened cards, and when i got home from work we went to dinner at Ghezzi's (it's become sort-of a tradition for us). Well, when we got there and sat down, the waitress brought a dozen roses out to our table. I was so shocked, he had arranged flowers for me all along! He is so thoughtful and romantic sometimes. Now, i am full and tired...a good combination for Valentine's night, lol.
Now, the bad part of my day. This morning. I have been waking up maybe once or twice a night to pee. Yesterday morning and this morning, when i wake up, i feel a bit nauseated. So when i woke up my second time this morning around 7am, i wasn't shocked. I had that "not right" feeling on my way to the bathroom, but didn't think twice about it. I walked into the bathroom and was practically assaulted by a pain/ache in my stomach. Its that pain that you don't know whether it will turn into a vomit session or a poop session (sorry about the TMI, it only gets better from here). I sat down on the toilet (with the seat down so i was on top of it), and just leaned forward hoping the pain/ache would go away. My stomach was rippling like it does when you are puking (TMI again), but it wasn't that violent because i wasn't actually being sick. I ended up laying on the floor, hoping i would feel better. I started to sweat then, i felt that bad! It took 20min before i felt better enough to go back to bed. Then when i woke up, i felt better. It was so weird! I have started, today, to feel the mild nausea that everyone keeps talking about. I hope this is as bad as it gets...and i hope i don't have another episode like i did this morning.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That IS morning sickness; the very weird constant nausea where you still oddly want to eat but can't think of anything that won't make you puke. So don't worry; it's an extremely good sign. It's not even a "better" sign if you puke; it's just the nausea that's a good sign. Puking doesn't necessarily make it better.
As for the weird cramping, that probably had nothing to do with pregnancy, especially because of the sweating and everything. BUT, I guess it could be, because even now your uterus is starting to put the rest of your organs slightly out of whack because it's growing, so that can mess with your intestines.
Hooray, you're sick! :) :) :)

And just as I typed that, I remembered that I had a similar episode when I was pregnant with Ror. Sweating and everything.

Happy Valentine's Day! Glad you got what you wanted; some reassuring nausea! LOL

Picture of the week...

Picture of the week...